Last Updated: 12/22/2021
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check using a third party.
USE AND PROCESSING OF INFORMATION
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
· To identify you when you visit our website orApp.
· To provide inspection services or reports.
· To improve our services and product offerings.
· To streamline the inspection scheduling process.
· To conduct analytics, including analytics concerning data and trends in condition of properties in specific and in aggregate both to improve our products and services and to leverage in providing insight for our partners.
· To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
· To send marketing and promotional materials including information relating to our products, services or promotions, or those of our business partners.
· For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you schedule an inspection through our App, we may collect your information to facilitate the inspection, but we also maintain your information after your inspection is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your inspection.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
· Our website and App permit you to schedule an inspection to be completed by another individual. When you do so, we share your name and information about the property that is the subject of the inspection with that individual. In some cases, we may provide you with options to restrict the extent to which that information will be shared.
· We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may grant us permission to share personal information with our business partners for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to our business partners’ privacy policies.
· We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control).
· We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
· We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
· We may share information in an emergency.This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any other individual.
· We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website and business, conduct surveys, provide technical support, and process payments.
· We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
1. Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Our website and App generally permit you to modify or delete your account profile. If our website or App does not permit you to update or correct certain information, you contact us at the address described below for assistance with modifying or deleting your personal information. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files.
2. Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
3. Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
4. Text Messages. We may use text messages to communicate with you about transactions and services that we provide to you or promotional information about RentCheck. If you receive a text message from us,, you always have the choice to opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
Please address written requests and questions about your personal information to email@example.com or call us at 973.820.1414.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Our website and App permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
Accessibility. If you are visually impaired, you may access this notice through your browser’s audio reader.
RentCheck Holdings, Inc.
1582 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70130