Sometimes you may want to inspect the exterior areas of your properties in more detail. Or maybe you already conduct drive-by inspections on a regular basis. Exterior inspections are the latest inspection type in RentCheck that enable you to do just that, offering a way to check and inspect exterior grounds and features in more detail than our typical move-in, move-out, or annual inspection.
- Exterior features include things like grounds & landscaping, fencing & gates, stairs & railings, parked cars and parking area, and more
- Use it to document the condition of common areas outside of individual units on your multi-unit properties
- You can also use the exterior inspection type to conduct drive-by inspections
Improved inspection approval process
We’ve added some flexibility to the inspection approval process to help make your lives a little easier. It’s now an optional step that you can take advantage of if you would like to, but it’s not required. Once a requested inspection has been completed it will be shown with the ‘Needs Review’ label for two weeks. You’ll have the opportunity to approve it during that time. Otherwise, at the end of those two weeks the inspection will be updated to the Completed status with no further action needed.
Expanded property configuration options
We’ve added Den, Office, Loft, Attic, and Storage Room to our property configuration options when setting up and managing a unit. If present on a property, these rooms will be included in all move-in / move-out, annual, periodic, and turn inspections.
In case you missed it, last month we also introduced a new inspection timeline feature so you can see all of the important activity on your inspections. You can use it to check on the delivery status of inspection invites and reminders and even see whether they have been opened by the recipient!
See a history of inspection messages, like who you’ve shared an inspection with, along with other key actions.
It’s important to note that the feature is not retroactive, you won’t see previous activity on inspections but will start to see your timelines populate for new inspections moving forward.
You can launch the Inspection Timeline from the Inspection Details page right here in our web app. It’s also available in our mobile app. As always, we would love to hear what you think and if you have any feedback!
- Improved property search when adding a new inspection in the desktop web app. A usability improvement based on your feedback!
- In the desktop web app, units are now sorted by property address by default (instead of Date Added)